Grab the RSS feed

Wall Street's Finest



Members: Steve Tackett (Vocals, guitar), Jordan 'Ging' Ullrich (Guitar), Ryan Myers (Drums), and Mark Evans (Apparantly as of now) 
Location: Coal City, Illinois
Wall Street's Finest on MySpace

Once again, say hello to the benefits of being my friend. :]
Anyway, there's not much bad to say about Wall Street's Finest: They rock, only 1/3 of them is capable of filling out interviews, and Ryan Myers shouldn't be taller than me. 
Enjoy the interview I had with Ryan!


So, Wall Street's Finest...are you really Wall Street's finest? Do you find people often confuse the band name with "World's Finest", the long-running Superman/Batman team-up?
Well, since we're all crime-fighting stock brokers, yes. All the time. Actually, no. That's a lie. Such a thing will never happen, EVER...

How did you guys meet, and what made you decide to start a band?
I remember Steve towards the end of last school year was just like, "d00d, let's start a band". And we had like, a million different musicians before we got down to gigging and rehearsing regularly with Jordan shredding bass.

Is there any interesting background info you'd like to share?
We spend a good 90% of the money we make from gigs at T-Bell. And I'm not ashamed of this in the slightest.

When you say that the band is "Comin' at ya like a spider monkey"- what exactly is that like? How does a spider monkey typically approach things?
With great valor, endurance, and mad musical skillszzzz.

You guys just recently played your second show at the Korova venue in Morris, Illinois. How did the audience like you?
Since our audience has been mainly friends, they've taken to us quite well, I guess. But everyone else who's seen us or heard out music has been impressed on some level. 

While walking out of Wal-Mart on Friday, September 11th, I was approached by Steve, Ryan, and their favorite groupie, Mark Evans. Steve tried getting my friend Dan and I to come to their gig at the Korova that night, and we unfortunately couldn't. Steve didn't seem happy about this, and I feared for my life. Does Steve knowingly invoke fear upon those to don't come to your shows?
Yes, he does. And believe me, it helps. You're cursed until you come to a show now, and I'm not even kidding. Also, Mark's in the band as of now. If you would have been there, you would have known. *Sigh*

Are there any upcoming shows for you guys?
We'll be playing with the Summer Set at Korova on September 28th and at Cosmo's (next to the Congress Theater) in Chicago on October 2nd.

What musician inspires you the most, and for what reason?
My personal hero is Neil Peart of Rush, for his obviously unparalleled percussive skill, amazing lyricism, and overall inspiring life story. He's just a badass.

What is a typical practice like for Wall Street's Finest? Is there a lot of sweat? I would imagine that churning out songs at the rate of a sweatshop would entail a lot of sweat.
Psh, you have no idea.

I know that Jordan can play trombone and Steve knows a little French horn. Would you ever consider mixing those instruments into one of your songs someday?
I think we'll save the horns for some separate ska projects for the time being.
How much didgeridoo can we expect on WSF's future material?
Since you've just inspired me to incorporate some of the thunder from down under into our lineup, I'm going to say keep your ears peeled.

What do you say to the rumors that Steve reigns over the band with an iron fist, in an egotistical, Noel Gallagher-like fashion?
I would have to ask what you were on when you wrote that one. And if it's possible I could get my hands on any.

Speaking of iron things, does the band enjoy TV's 'Iron Chef'?
TV...funny. Funny indeed. I have not the time for such foolish things.

What is your biggest struggle as a small band?
Getting the word out about us is the biggest setback at the time.

Do you have any short-term goals for Wall Street's Finest? Long-term?
Short-term, get locally known, keep writing, recording, and gigging until we've become somewhat popular at least in the local area. Long-term, I don't think we've really set any major goals yet, but a studio album would be nice. Maybe get a record deal and sell our souls away touring for a while...good stuff, really.

What do you say to the rumors that Jordan's girlfriend Morgan is already breaking up the bad, in a Yoko Ono-like fashion?
Since Jordan is a bit of a red-haired John Lennon himself, anything's possible.

Have you guys been discussing any release of a WSF EP, demo, or even a full-length album?
We hope we can get some tracks recorded professionally by Steve's cousin. I'd imagine at least an EP could come out of that.

Should the band fail, would Ryan ever consider becoming the co-host for Entertainment Tonight, like the guy from Sugar Ray did?
Maybe, after pigs fly and hell freezes over, I think I'll have some time freed up for such events.

What do your friends and families think of Wall Street's Finest?
They've been nothing but supportive and totally cool thus far!

Do you guys have names for your instruments?
They have their own names...

Are any of you in any other bands?
Jordan and myself are working on a ska band, known at CCHS as Flores and Girl Pants.

Favorite kind of cheese?
Colby jack is where the shit's at...

Any final thoughts?
There will never be final thoughts in a mind as catastrophically creative as mine. *Sighs*

0 comments:

  •